Tuesday, December 4, 2007

COLLEGE

As I walked to class today, a girl ran out of Fleck Hall in a flurry of tears muttering all sorts of unrecognizable words. She jumped into her red SUV and that's the last I saw of her before she buried her face in tufts of Kleenex.

With finals exams and papers due all this week and next, she must have been prepared for some bad news to have a box of Kleenex in her car. I don't blame her. Just thinking of exams and all the projects and papers due this week makes me want to crawl up in the fetal position and just pray for a catastrophe that would somehow postpone them for another week or so. 

Last night on the Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert made a joke on seagulls stealing Doritos , saying that all they need is a plasma TV, a couch to chill on, and marijuana to make them college students. 

WTF. College is nothing like the stereotype people make it out to be. Instead of chilling with a bag of Doritos and a Bud Light every night, I am either dragging myself through a cheer practice or game, slaving away on assignments and papers that are usually past due, and working almost 40 hours a week to pay the bills. 

But for the record, I do have a box of Kleenex laying around at the house that I will for sure be putting in my car first thing in the morning.

No comments: